- Clear expectations
- Feedback with the right support: knowledge and resources
- Ample opportunity to meet expectations
They may still fail. They may not have the ability to meet those expectations.
Lacking skill, too afraid, not prioritizing
When you make a commitment, you set an expectation with another person about what you will do.
- Not trying
- Trying but giving up easily
- Trying but not giving up easily
- Trying and staying resilient despite enormous obstacles
- Whatever it takes
You are going to fail. You will also have to apologize to others at some point.
- Take ownership for what impact you made
- Explain what your intentions were
- Make a commitment to prevent similar impact
When you hurt someone’s feelings:
- I’m sorry I made you feel that way
- I did that because __________
- I promise I will prevent that __________ by __________